London, UK / Vauxhall / Full Time
The online food delivery space has seen enormous growth in recent years and has driven the success of some of the biggest names in tech today. Digital food brands devised from the ground up for food delivery and optimised through technological innovations are the next frontier for the online food delivery market, which is expected to be worth $365 billion by 2030
At Taster, our ambition is to build the world’s largest restaurant group through a powerful platform of digitally native food brands.
Since inception, we raised over $50m from top US and European VCs, launched 4 markets (France, UK, Spain and Belgium), scaled to over 20 European cities and partnered up with over 100 restaurant owners & food entrepreneurs who are operating our brands.
Taster is at the intersection of food and technology - we firmly believe that innovation drives better customer experience, increased choice and allows a sustainable economic model for the whole food industry – we are at the forefront of this revolution and we are looking for hungry people to join us!
For more information about our brands, please visit www.taster.com
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for overseeing all kitchen duties on a daily basis, maintaining high operational performance and perfect cost control. You will be responsible for managing your Business Unit independently in order to ensure financial profitability in line with the Group's objectives.
Kitchen Team Management
- Lead a team of around 10 cooks by creating a strong spirit of cohesion
- Co-ordinate the Assistant Kitchen Manager in order to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Recruit, train, evaluate, retain and develop your team members
- Achieve high operational performance targets according to predefined KPIs
- Verify the quality of the products prepared and served in order to ensure optimum quality service (rating, prep time, etc.)
- Responsible for the P&L of your kitchen by managing the operating margin according to the strategic objectives communicated by the company (turnover, payroll, food costs, etc.)
- Complies with HACCP standards by performing all hygiene checks on a daily basis
- Accountable for the implementation and shifts of all the concepts
- Smoothly manage the transitions of meal orders and delivery
- Monitor and manage the kitchen stocks according to internal procedures (inventories, orders, receptions, waste, portioning, etc.), equipment and utensils
- Ensure the kitchen is properly cleaned and organized after each shift
- Maintain facilities and equipment in good working order
- Pursue and cultivate clear and open lines of communication with Customer Service or Operations Managers in order to efficiently solve any operational problem encountered
- Keep up-to-date with the latest process developments (concepts, tools, etc.) and undertake required training in the Kitchens or HQ
- Supervise operational HR management: plannings, goals, working time, annual interviews
- Manage neighbourhood relations
Your prior experience & requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience as Kitchen Manager
- NVQ level 1 and NVQ level 2 is an advantage
- HACCP Training is an advantage
What Taster can offer you:
- The chance to join the fastest-growing food start-up backed by Top Venture Capital firms
- Opportunity to unleash your potential and develop within a dynamic environment surrounded by a cross-border team of industry veterans and food aficionados
- A competitive salary & quarterly bonus schemes
- Free meals
- Exciting opportunities within Taster Career Path
- We also operate a referral scheme so if you know any talented individuals who would be interested in joining an exciting and fast-paced business, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Taster is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. To facilitate this, we actively promote a culture of inclusivity internally and encourage those from all backgrounds to apply for opportunities with us. Additionally, we routinely review our hiring practices to eliminate bias in the hiring process.
If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.