Brand Manager - Innovation
London, UK / Taster Marketing / Full Time
The online food delivery space has seen enormous growth in recent years and has driven the success of some of the biggest names in tech today. Digital food brands devised from the ground up for food delivery and optimised through technological innovations are the next frontier for the online food delivery market, which is expected to be worth $365 billion by 2030.
At Taster, our ambition is to build the world’s largest restaurant group through a powerful platform of digitally native food brands.
Since inception, we raised over $50m from top US and European VCs, launched 4 markets (France, UK, Spain and Belgium), scaled to over 20 European cities and partnered up with over 100 restaurant owners & food entrepreneurs who are operating our brands.
Taster is at the intersection of food and technology - we firmly believe that innovation drives better customer experience, increased choice and allows a sustainable economic model for the whole food industry – we are at the forefront of this revolution and we are looking for hungry people to join us!
For more information about our brands, please visit www.taster.com
Based in our London HQ, we are looking for an ambitious & entrepreneurial marketer with compelling experience, who is seeking a challenging yet rewarding role to join our team as the Brand Development Manager across our existing established portfolio of digital restaurant brands. This role requires commercial savviness, self-starting spirit, strong attention to detail, a keen sense of creativity, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Lead Innovation and Brand Development for our current digital restaurant portfolio:
- Act like an owner for your brands – constantly looking for ways to ensure our product-market fit is optimised and harmonised across our menus and kitchens
- Own menu NPD across the portfolio, developing a pipeline of exciting & margin-accretive new menu items fuelled by marketplace and consumer insights, to ensure our concepts remain fresh & appealing to our customers
- Lead the development and implementation of the global pricing strategy and the associated tactical and operational plans in collaboration with the Supply & Finance teams
- Work closely with our Social & Influencer teams to identify key potential collaborators from the lifestyle/culture/culinary space to bring freshness & newness to our menus and brands
- Bring our concept brands to life in an engaging way with richness and depth through developing compelling effective and holistic brand development plans that include the unboxing experience & packaging design as well as brand activations and communications (in partnership with the rest of the Marketing team)
Your prior experience & requirements:
Under-graduate degree in a relevant field (MBA a bonus)
5+ years best-in-class consumer marketing experience, comprising varied exposure to core commercial & creative brand management and innovation (New Product Development)
You’re commercially savvy, understand a P&L and have experience with the complexity of the competing priorities & trade-offs required to optimally grow a portfolio of brands
You’ve had substantial exposure to innovation – leading the new product development process and incubating new brands, platforms, or products to commercial success with setting clear KPI’s & tracking performance
Ability to work fully integrated within a team, as well as independently drive multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
A can-do attitude not shying away any task that comes your way
Hunger to drive change, tirelessly seeking better ways to achieve goals
The ability to confidently develop and articulate ideas translating into strategies and clear actions with great attention to detail
Experience in food is a plus, at a minimum you should demonstrate substantial passion & interest in the category
Strong oral and written communication skills in English is essential, French or Spanish would be a bonus
What Taster can offer you:
- The chance to join the fastest-growing food start-up backed by Top Venture Capital firms
- Opportunity to unleash your potential and develop within a dynamic environment surrounded by a cross-border team of industry veterans and food aficionados
- A competitive salary & quarterly bonus schemes
- Private healthcare scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible work environment with 50% office/remote
- We also operate a referral scheme so if you know any talented individuals who would be interested in joining an exciting and fast-paced business, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Taster is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. To facilitate this, we actively promote a culture of inclusivity internally and encourage those from all backgrounds to apply for opportunities with us. Additionally, we routinely review our hiring practices to eliminate bias in the hiring process.
If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.